Following the UK Government’s release of their Coronavirus Action Plan on 3rd March, we would like to release the following statement for our clients and their guests.
Currently, the UK is at the ‘Contain’ phase of their action plan, with all activities being geared to contain and prevent the further spread of the virus. At this time, there have been no provisions placed on businesses in the Westminster area within specific instructions.
The UK Government’s advice for the public is as follows:
- Following public health authorities’ advice, for example on hand washing.
- Reducing the impact and spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources.
- Checking and following the latest FCO travel advice.
- Ensuring all vaccinations are up to date.
- Using NHS 111, pharmacies & GP services responsibility, understanding the pressures that the health & social care systems may be under.
- Accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home and simple over-the-counter medicines.
- Checking for new advice as the situation changes.
8 Northumberland Avenue and partnered suppliers are taking steps as follows to protect our clients, guests and staff.
Back of House and operations staff:
- Everyone entering the premises must wash & sanitise their hands-on arrival, with managers being responsible for this process for casual & agency staff.
- Special sanitisation measures introduced to toilets, greater attention paid to tap and door handles.
- Increased sanitisation of door handles, push pads and taps throughout the building.
- Staff are required and reminded to wash their hands regularly throughout the day and at home.
Front of House, operations and employees:
- Hand sanitiser provided in guest toilets and on cloakroom stations.
- Antibacterial hand soap provided in guest toilets.
- Toilets are fitted with AIRsteril. Whilst they can give no guarantee, AIRsteril units have been shown to kill a wide range of microbes more difficult to eradicate than coronavirus, including the same group of viruses that cause the common cold and influenza.