To reach this stage is a serious achievement in itself with the number of entries and their exceptionally high quality exceeding all expectations
The entry provided some background to the central London conference venue:
8 Northumberland Avenue, a few steps from Trafalgar Square - the capital's official centre - is London's most central conference venue. It provides clients with innovative technology, versatile spaces, an excellent events team and superb transport links: all combine to enhance client's ROI.
Opening in 1887- a first-class hotel operated on the site right up until the 1940s, when it was requisitioned by the War Office. It remained closed to the public for 70 years. It took a year of major refurbishment by it’s current owners to restore the building. The multi-million pound restoration was completed on time and on budget in 2010. Grand staterooms combined with cutting-edge technology make this the perfect venue for up to 1,000 guests to be entertained in style.
The venue hosts a variety of corporate clients, charities and private clients holding conferences, exhibitions, fashion shows, awards dinners, weddings and parties. Long standing conference clients include Jersey Finance who have held two annual flagship events in 2014 with a daytime conference for 420 delegates and an early evening reception for 290 guests.They are coming back this year for their third and fourth events. PwC have held four events, including two conferences for over 200 delegates.
The award entry highlighted the key reasons conference organisers in London choose 8 Northumberland Avenue;
1. Central London location: Clients can rest easy that their guests arrive at their event and get home with ease. “The venue is a great base for events with its fantastic location.” Event Executive, Yellow Fish, for Philips Hospitality
2. Leading technological advancements: the central London conference venue was the first in Europe to install the state-of-the-art Intelligent Lighting system, the first in the UK with 3D Holographic Technology and the first in the world to operate 3D holographic telepresence over 4G wireless technology. This evolving offer helps secure repeat business and creates engaging and memorable events; “We were excited to be using such a technologically advanced venue. The venue and its features were a great fit for our event, providing a visual experience for delegates that they will remember for years to come.” Events Manager at Jersey Finance
3. Size and flexibility: the large and flexible space offers clients a central London conference location for their larger conferences with breakout areas and a separate room for a networking lunch. “ The venue itself is beautiful and lent itself well to such a large conference.” Internal Communications, at UKTI
The award entry provided a case study of how client’s technology needs are met:
Case Study: Jersey Finance.
The Brief: increase the impact and guest experience for their delegates
Objective: to increase the client’s delegate attendance and ROI by providing an enhanced platform for insight learning and thought leading commentary. All achieved through creating a powerful audio visual experience for delegates that was engaging and entertaining.
“As there were a number of other finance related events on in London during the weeks of our conferences, a venue and venue capability was needed that would set this event apart from our competitors and ensure that delegates would want to attend this rather than others” Hannah Carolan, Events Manager at Jersey Finance
• Use 3D Holographic Technology to create a 3D hologram of the Jersey Finance CEO to give his opening remarks at the start of the conference. (This Musion technology was recently seen when the late Michael Jackson stole the show at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards)
• Use the jet lag setting on the Intelligent Lighting System to help re set body clocks for International delegates
The award submission also highlighted the central London venue’s approach to food and beverage delivery:
AlchemyLive is 8 Northumberland Avenue’s exclusive Event Specialist partner who manage, cater and deliver all events at the venue. By using a specialist company, we believe we offer our clients a highly personalised and innovative service which can match our clients’ needs.
“The events went extremely well: our Director General is very happy. A personal thanks for all your efforts to make it go so smoothly. You and Ellie were a dream to work with and it made a huge impact on our overall experience.” Head of Events, BVCA Conference
“The event couldn’t have gone more smoothly. The food was excellent, there was lots of it and it was of a very high quality.” Internal Communications, UKTI
“Clarice, from AlchemyLive was very attentive and reactive to all our needs and went out of her way to source items for us at realistic prices. Charlotte from the venue kept in close contact with our event for continuity of service, which we really appreciate.” Marketing Events Manager, Fidelity Conference
“Every aspect was a resounding success: so many warm remarks about our British Isles menu and not least about the historic venue.” Global Vice President Marketing & E-Commerce, Molton Brown.