Most of us imagine that fashion week is pure Glamour, everything running like clockwork in perfect synchronisation. A room full of chauffeured (we had 30 black limos on one day) beautiful people, draped in Bond streets finest; killer heels (men and women) and scented with Chanel number 5, and largely it is. However I thought I knew what it was all about and so we went through our first Fashion week at 8 Northumberland thinking that everything would go according to plan as laid out in the 125 meetings we had prior. What could be missing?
If you are thinking food let me remind you that this is fashion week! Would you eat something just before going down the catwalk for a Lingerie designer with your bum on show?
Thought not! P.S.: they all had cellulite (or so I am told)
We did not take full consideration to some logical factors such as:
- Male staff do not perform at their best around female models (and vice-versa), you knew that didn’t you!
- Do Girls really need to discuss shoes that much, are they really that important?
- Within 10 mins. of a show starting, 500 beautiful people descend on the bar and they expect a champagne cocktail!
- Designers have a very sharp eye for details (I guess that’s why they shine)
- If production put a carpet on a carpet and it is not properly attached, when 500 people walk on it, it moves unbelievable distances!
It was a great week and when you check our Fashion Week videos and photos on Facebook you realise that Nikki and her team from The Space Show London are great. It was great fun with loads of famous people draped around the bar from Film, TV, Radio and music.
To summarise ‘darling’ fashion week is like the preverbal swan, serine on the surface, paddling like mad below and I loved it.